Saturday 26 June 2010

Birthday Lillies and cards

Good morning folks, sorry no post for a day or so, been back having another op on my mouth. I really thought all that was over last year, but the problem spread so there was no option. Still rather sore with the stitches so not a lot of talking from my end.......what a relief for my whole household I hear them say.

So a bit of a catch up on what I should have posted yesterday along with today's postings so this might be a bit of a long one. First up is this weeks new Polkadoodle's challenge where it's my turn to host the theme and I am going with "Something for a Boy" as it's Birthday time in our house this weekend, today it's my hubby's, myself and Grandson's tomorrow and Monday one of our granddaughters, nothing like cramming them all in together is there.

I have crated a card for my daughter to give to our grandson using the Paper Boutique CD. The template is all designed for you and even coloured, all you have to do is print it off, cut it out and layer it up, easy peasy. I printed a few extra stars, added some eyelets and fibres to the spine and stickles to the stars.

Next a reminder about our new Penny Black at Allsorts challenge which kicks off on Thursday. If you have not already been over and added your name to make sure you don't miss anything what are you waiting for, there will be super prizes from Penny Black themselves and one or two other exciting things lined up as well........I will be doing a post on the challenge blog in the next day or so to tell you a bit more about that.

And finally our brand new weekly challenge at Allsorts where it's the lovely Kirsten's turn to host the theme where she would like us to use "Embossing" on our projects.

I have used Hero Arts K5393 Lily Silhouette as my main image which I stamped with versamark and embossed with detail clear onto a piece of red cardstock which I had stamped with Hero H2364 Old French Writing using Tim Holtz distress ink soot black, then bleached out the image.

The spotty DP is from Cosmo Cricket and the cream panel was run through the Big Shot using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The swirls are from a Sizzix die and the flower made with punches and the beady leaves are from Magnolia. Finally ribbon threaded down one side........don't ask me why, but whenever I use ribbon like this I think of French Follies.......I think it must be the basque image.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards Brenda, I love all the Hero Arts stamps,I have quite a few on my wish list, and that CD looks so handy for male theme cards, never been my strong point that, I just don't like doing Man cards...lol

Hope your not so sore now,and I am sure all the family can't wait to hear you again...

Two stunning cards!!!
x
Vicky

Sadilla said...

Hi dear
fab cards bith, but the red ine is just perfect, I love the white flower, it make it very very smart! :)

hugs
sadia

Lesley Edmonds said...

Love the cards Brenda. The boy one is fab - really good idea there.

Hope your mouth feels better soon.

Lesley x

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous cards love the black and red of your Allsorts one, just been on the challenge blog and did not pick this one as yours! Love that its a bit of a surprise LOL

So sorry to hear your oral problem is back trust that this weeks treatment has sorted it once and for all. xx Zoe

Sally H said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Brenda! I thought the lily was gold at first. Wonderful effect!

Helen said...

Two lovely cards again, Brenda. Hope everything clears up soon.

Fleur said...

B. Two gorgeous cards. Love the lillies
Hugz Fleur xXx

Sarah said...

Ooohhh beautiful cards, I love your style, always lots of lovey detail and gorgeous colours xxx

Lynne K said...

Wonderful cards, both. Red isn't one of my favourite colours, but I do like this one. The cream offsets it nicely & the black makes it pop.

Hope the soreness soon goes and you're feeling better. xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Two brilliant cards Brenda. My fave is the red and cream one.
Clare x

Louise said...

Two gorgeous cards brenda and hope your feeling better and I for one love hearing your chitter chatter.
Hugs Louise xx

Crafting Queen said...

Sorry to hear about your operation, hope you wounds heal well and stop hurting soon. Great cards, really like the shaped one. Hugs. Anesha

Anonymous said...

Love the baby son card, and that red card is so bold and beautiful! Amazing!

Lisa Jane said...

HI Brenda - love the cards ..hope you are feeling better . I recommend another bottle of that Black label .. purely medicinal you understand
Lisa )

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

A stunning floral card, love thoses colours and details, fab funky son card.
janex

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, great cards. That red one is gorgeous.

Tracy said...

Happy birthday to your hubby, and I love, love love the red card, my favourite colour red and this design is absolutely gorgeous. Fab polkadoodles card and i'm sure your grandson will love it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

lisa said...

Sorry to hear you're in the wars again, Brenda. Hope it feels much better soon.
Did I read right, did you say it was your Birthday too!!!!! If it is Many Happy Returns. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Your cards are beautiful. I love the red one, you're very brave with colours and it looks stunning.
Hugs Lisax

cheryl said...

oh wow brenda hun 2 stunning cards,hun love them both as usuall the detail is just stunning do hope you feel better soon,hun,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Basslady said...

those two cards are very gorgeous...

the first one seems very noble to me...great look...

the second one ist such a great card for a grandson...he will love it!

hope you feel better soon!

xoxo silvi (from germany)

Nettie said...

Great cards Brenda. Glad the dentists is over with now, just sorry it's going to take some time to recover. Hope you feel on top again soon.xx

Juls said...

wow!!! such gorgeous creations! Love the first card, love the fab floral image with those big bold polka dots, and the black swirls are just stunning! Hugs Juls

Mervi said...

Lovely card! Happy Birthday, Brenda and hope you will get well soon, hugs from Mervi

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda. I love the lily stamp.

Nikki x

Deb said...

This is so gorgeous, I just love looking at it, your color choices are perfect and what you did with the image looks really neat, not to mention the fab embellishments
Great card!!!
xxx

Ms. Jen said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! We have those months in our families too. It's got it's pro's and con's I guess. Great cards! I super duper love the lilies!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, sorry to hear that youve been suffering with your mouth again, I will keep my fingers crossed that this will be the last time for awhile.
Happy Birthday to you, I hope you have a wonderful painfree day.
Your two cards are fabulous and Im sure they will be received with great joy, they are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

craftimamma said...

Oooh, sorry you've been under the knife again Brenda. I hope it heals quickly!

These cards are both lovely. The lilies are beautiful and I'm sure your Grandson will love his. I love the eyelet detail on the red card too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Linapyssel said...

I adore the cards Brenda! You are soo talanted...the black frame thatr makes the image pop out and ta lovelly card for your son...that could with no problems at all becomme a Bind-it-all album!!!!!!!
Many many hugs Lina

PatR said...

Love both these cards Brenda. The red one is so chic and the boys one is so fresh and zingy.
Hope you mouth is less sore now and that you are using it to it's full pertential!
Happy birthday to you all.
xx

PatR said...

sorry potential!

Liz Corrigan said...

Two great cards Brenda. The red and cream one is just stunning, in the use of the colours and the embellishments. The second is just great for a youngster, colourful and bright.
Hope you are recovering ok and not in too much pain. Rosie x

Mel said...

wowee ! these colours woke me up! What a lively card. It's a wonderfully wild one ! im sorry about your mouth. i hope you are not in too much pain with it. Your Son card is brilliant too, really boyzy. Melx