Monday 9 November 2009

And a good time was had by all.......

I hope all of you are well and had a good weekend. Mine was wonderful as apart from going to the NEC for the very first time........yes, I am a craft exhibition virgin.......I went with my blogging buddy Jules and did we have fun. Apart from the aching feet, I am almost hoarse from all the talking and have taken the day off work to recover.......truth is I just want to play with my new goodies.

On the Sir Stamplaot stand we met up with lots of old friends and some new ones as well........it is so nice to put faces to blog names. And of course a bit.......perhaps that should be quite a lot........ of serious retail therapy along the way. We also went along to see the girls at Stamp Addicts and delivered a box if sample cards I have made ready for their new show on Create and Craft next week.

So of course my card for this weeks Cupcake challenge whose theme this week is 'Snow Much Fun' gives me the perfect opportunity to use one of my new stamps which is Winter Scene 102K from Simple Stamps. I created a brayered background, masking the rising sun using Big and Juicy Spice. The image is stamped with versafine back and embossed with detail clear and the fence and large tree were stamped out twice more and decoupaged. Lots of snow added using JudiKins snow glitter plus a liberal sprinkle of ultrafine crystal glitter as well. The greeting is Penny Black and the DP Magnolia. The little birds are another new stamp from Lavinia........and yes, there are more fairies in the pipeline, along with some other bits and pieces from their stand.

30 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Brenda,
glad you had a great time at the show only wish I could have gone..next time I will..wow this card is gorgeous love everything about it..If you get a chance check out my candy i have added some more goodies this morning.
mandy xx

Sarah xx said...

Glad you had a great time at the NEC Brenda, and looks like you've come away with some fabulous new goodies. This card is stunning love all the decoupage and snow! xx

Tracy said...

So glad you had a good time at the weekend. Really love this card, those stamps you've used are delicious. And the braying is superb.
The snow looks great.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kari said...

Oh,this is really gorgeous,Brenda!Love the snow and the birds,lovely scene:)
Have a great Monday:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Juls said...

Hi Brenda,

Another stunning creation! Love the scene you have created, and I love all the sprinkles of snow!! just gorgeous!!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Brenda, another fabulous creation. Beautiful work. Enjoy using your new goodies.
Love Sandra xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous! Love it!
Glad you had a good time at the NEC.
Clare x

Hearts Turned said...

What a beautiful card, Brenda! New goodies are so much fun to play with! Glad you had a good time at the show--I'll be going to my first one in January...I'm so excited! Hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks so much for your visit!

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning card! What a beautiful stamp too. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.I was there with you in spirit!

Carol said...

Love the snow glitter Brenda, must have a look at this stuff! xx

Unknown said...

Hi Brends I really must got o one of these craft shows I would love it I am sure you had a wonderful time hunny look fwd to seeing al yr goodies.

Loving this card BTW it's luch!

Love Dawn xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Brenda, what a stunning card. The image is gorgeous and the background looks amazing. I love how you've made everything look so snowy. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Zoechaos said...

The NEC! gosh that was a long way all the way across! Sounds like you had a fun time what its all about really.

Card is lovely so well composed it could be a painting on the wall, all it needs is a frame!

Silli said...

Hello Brenda, your card is beautiful, I love the snow... Big hugs!

pinky said...

So glad you two had such a great weekend. I am meeting Crafty Chris next weekend at the Kings Hall craft show, so looking forward to that. Love your card another piece of art!
Pinky

Zoechaos said...

Hi Brenda, me again. should have said both Frozen Lake and Marshmmallow are 2 of the new GM. Did you see the new Promarkers in season sets? the world is full of temptations at the moment :)

Merry said...

What a terrific card...love all the snow you have added.

Lynda said...

Hi Brenda Love this scenic card and the fence and snow look so real. Glad you had a great time at the NEC.

Love Lynda xxx

Ludkasz said...

wonderful card!!!!

Caryn said...

Brrrr-iliant card, love the snow effect on the fence. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card hunny! wish I could have met up with you this weekend! never mind maybe next time :0)

Tracey said...

It was great fun at the NEC wasn't it Brenda. This card is stunning & would look great framed on a wall :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the effect of the snow glitter.
luv
Debby

Claire Phillips said...

Oh! so beautiful - that snow is amazing. A really lovely card.x

issy said...

Stunning Brenda, I love it

Beryl said...

Wonderful creation - I love your brayered backgrounds.
Beryl xx

Mel said...

Hi Brenda, i love what you've done with this stamp - beautiful card. Love mel x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Ooo this is lovely. Lots of yummy glittery snow!
Lesley x

Donna said...

Fantastic card with a beautiful scene, just perfect for our snowy theme challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Hun, this is amazing i love the colours on this little card all the details are just fab, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week, big hugs pops x x x