Friday 25 September 2009

Beautiful Orchids

Good evening everyone. Looking at my blog things look in a sorry state this week, dogs, flowers lots of negative medical stuff (sorry for that) and a distinct lack of anything crafty. But I felt I at least owed you all an update on things, as despite me not visiting any of you for days, you still come here and leave me lovely kind messages of support which really have meant such a lot with everything that has been going on this week. It's more than I deserve for being such a bad blogger, so thank you all.

Things went reasonably well yesterday, now it's a matter of waiting to see if it has worked and getting the stitches out. I am in some pain still, pretty phased with medications, eating what constitutes baby food and can talk very little.......the family have never had such an easy run of it and all seem in good spirits, can't imagine why.

I just have to share a picture of the beautiful orchids that were delivered to me this afternoon from a friend and her husband, thank you so so much both of you, what great mates you are. They are absolutely glorious and I have never seen so many blooms on one plant, they will provide weeks of enjoyment.

At the moment I really don't feel like crafting, or anything come to that, but as Scarlett said "after all tomorrow is another day", so lets take it a day at a time and I might surprise myself. My Allsorts and Rosie Deeds DT work is scheduled so will be popping up over the weekend. And next Thursday - that's 1st October, By the Short and Girly new challenge kicks off, cardmaking, scrapbooking and any craft that takes your fancy really, with some fabulous sponsors with prizes every challenge, so go to my sidebar and click on the link. I expect to see you all popping up there with your creations.

And finally I am pleased to say Bernie is doing really well, eating again and the vet is happy with him. Animals are so resilient, we really should take a leaf out of their book.

12 comments:

Louise said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better and all went well, good news on bernie too.
hugs louise

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Brenda,
I'm so pleased things went to plan yesterday, fingers crossed for the days to come.
Good news that Bernie is on the mend too.
Rest up, and we will be here when you are up to crafting and blogging again.
Hugs, Clare xx
p.s. the flowers are beautiful.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Brenda,
Thanks for letting us know how things are going. Make sure you look after each other - you and Bernie:) Glad everything's going well.
Lesley x

Debs said...

Hi Brenda
So pleased to hear that things are improving for both you & Bernie. You really should not be so hard in yourself - you are anything but a bad blogger and anyone who things you are - are not worth worrying about!!!!
You really must rest and take good care of yourself - we will all still be here waiting for you when you are ready and able to share your wonderful projects with us again.
Take care hun.
Much love
Debs xx

Beryl said...

Glad to hear you are both on the mend. Love the orchids.
Beryl xx

Sally H said...

So pleased you and Bernie are doing well. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the op has sorted out your problems. Beautiful orchids - you deserve them x

Sarah xx said...

Glad to hear that you are both on the mend, no apologies needed as you are a fab blogger -that's why we follow you! Take your time to get well and we will still be here. Love n hugs to you both xxxx

Tracy said...

I'm glad things went well yesterday, and so good to hear from you. Your not a bad blogger, don't be silly. You need time to recover. Maybe you and Bernie should snuggle up together and help each other on your roads to recovery.
Love
Tracy x

Lynda said...

Hi Brenda so glad to hear from you and that everything went reasonably well. Lets hope the next few days see some positive improvements for you and that the pain subsides too. I'm so pleased Bernie is picking up too as I know he will be a worry to you and this in turn won't be helping you either. You certainly are not a bad blogger - we all understand that you have to get yourself well and your health is the most important thing just now. I haven't done too much recently due to our mutual condition so don't feel guilty, just relax and get well soon. Sending you both big big hugs.

Love Lynda xxx

lisa said...

Evening Brenda. I'm so glad everything went well and hope you are not suffering too much. Just relax and let everyone in your lovely family spoil you for a bit.
I'm delighted too that Bernie is doing well, I hope he continues to do so.
You are certainly not a bad blogger, only you would have arranged for scheduled posts while you are recovering, that's what I call dedication.
Sending you lots of love

Lisax

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Here's hoping things are improving for you and that you are managing to eat a little more now.

Rest up, relax and don't worry about blogland! We will all be here waiting for you - no matter how long you are away.

Take care matie

Love and hugs Jules xx

p.s. Gorgeous orchids

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Those orchids are beautiful, Brenda.. and it's good to hear that you and Bernie sound as though you may have turned a corner. I do hope so.

Hugs to you both,
Chris xx